On April 8-11, 2019, during a business trip to Singapore and Vietnam, the Interstate Bank delegation held meetings with the heads of the leading financial institutions of these countries.
I. Souvorov, the President of the Interstate Bank, met with Mr. Peter Seah Lim Huat, the Chairman of the Board of Directors from the largest state bank in Singapore – DBS Bank.
The meeting was also attended by Mr. Liang Eng Hwa, the Managing Director&Head of Institutional Investors Treasury&Markets, and Mrs. Sarah Chompaisal, the Executive Director Institutional Investors Financial Institutions of DBS Bank. The meeting was devoted to the development of cooperation regarding trade settlements with the use of national currencies within the establishing free trade zone between the EAEU and the Republic of Singapore.
In Hanoi, Vietnam, I. Souvorov, the President of the Interstate Bank held a meeting with Mrs. Nguyen Thi Hong, the Deputy Governor of the State Bank of Vietnam. They discussed, in particular, the prospects of trade growth and the opportunities of using national currencies in the trade settlements with regard to the accession of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam into the free trade zone with the EAEU.
During the visit to the South-East region the delegation also held significant meetings with:
- Mr. Edward Wong, the Managing Director of OCBC Bank in Singapore which is one of the oldest banks in Singapore and the second largest financial group in South-East Asia;
- Mr. Chow Mei Yin, the Vice President of the Singapore representative office of Bank of China. The Singapore Branch of Bank of Chine was founded in 1936; it has a full banking license and provides customers with a full range of banking services;
- Mr. Yap Tat Ming, the Regional Banking Vice President in the Singapore branch of Taipei Fubon Bank;
- Mr. Nquyen Ngoc Quang, the Deputy Director of the financial institutions group of Vietcombank, one of the largest banks in Vietnam in terms of market capitalization;
- Mr. S. Chumakovskiy, the Chairman of Board of Members of Vietnam-Russia Joint Venture Bank, Mr. L. Trifonov, the First Deputy General Director, and Mr. S. Ivanov, the Deputy General Director;
- Mrs. Nquyen Thi Huong, the Head of Financial Institutions&Transaction Banking Center of Sai Gon-Ha Noi Commercial Joint Stock Bank, one of Vietnam’s leading commercial banks, and Mrs. Nhuyen Thi Huong Giang, the Head of Foreign Financial Institutions Department;
- Mrs. Do Diem Hong, the Executive Vice President of Techcombank which is one of the largest banks in Vietnam in terms of total assets, loans, deposits and net profit.
The main tracks of negotiations were the discussion on the facilitation of bilateral trade and economic relations between the countries, the simplification of international settlements between them, the assistance in the implementation of joint projects with the participation of Russian capital, as well as the promotion of expansion of business and banking relations and raising awareness of the countries’ business community on available banking services and products.